Sunday, May 8, 2011

A New Camera!


Happy Mother's Day Friends and Family!

Today we are all home sick, but it works out because I will be using the downtime to post! For Mother's Day this year we decided to replace our broken camera. Nice, huh?! That meant that I got to choose what I wanted in a camera. We couldn't go super-expensive so that left me with the sale priced point and shoots. I knew that I wanted something that would give me clear pictures both inside and outside and I wanted it to be fairly compact. We went with the Canon PowerShot SX130 IS (you really wanted that much info didn't you = )) because it was highly reviewed and, more importantly, because it was $100 off at Target this week - putting it just into our price range.

I am loving it.

It has all of these weird functions that I probably won't use that often, but they are fun to play with. For instance, I can exchange one color for another in a picture, or hold down the shutter key for continuous picture taking (I will use that one with my "I won't sit still for you!" kids). My favorite is the smile recognition setting. You set it there and it automatically takes pictures when people smile. Pretty fun. Hopefully this means a lot more posting; I understand that my loyal fans are getting a bit annoyed at my lack of communication (sorry beloved family.)

So, here are some of my pictures with the new camera. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment